- Column Capital is a fee-only wealth management firm that provides financial and tax advice to high net worth individuals and families.
- Our senior Directors formerly led the Investment and Financial Planning practices in Ernst & Young’s Indianapolis and Chicago offices. In 2005, due to Sarbanes-Oxley and regulatory changes, we transitioned a mature business of advisors and clients to form Column Capital.
- Column Capital serves approximately 250 clients and has over $650 million of assets under management (AUM).
- Column Capital Advisors is an SEC Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firm that provides Investment Management and Financial Planning services.
- Column Family Office is a licensed accounting firm that provides tax preparation and representation services.
COLUMN CAPITAL ADVANTAGE
Fewer Conflicts of Interest
- Column Capital is Independent, Objective and Fee-only.
- We do not sell products or receive referral fees or commissions.
- Our fiduciary duty requires us to provide advice where our highest priority is serving the best interests of our clients.
Highly Credentialed Professionals
- Our advisors are highly credentialed professionals with years of formal education and decades of proven experience.
- Our lead advisors maintain less than 50 client relationships. Our client to professional staff ratio is approximately 20:1.
- We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional client service.
- We offer an approach that integrates Investment Management, Financial Planning and Income Tax Planning.
- Taxes can erase as much as 50% of your income and 40% of your taxable estate without proper planning. We utilize our tax expertise to help you keep more of what you earn resulting in greater wealth accumulation.
- True wealth management is about helping you achieve your goals. We begin by thoroughly understanding your personal goals and objectives and then focus all of our services toward helping you accomplish them.
Institutional Investment Platform
- Our investment platform provides access to a broad range of investments. It is complemented by a rigorous due diligence process designed to identify and oversee top investment managers.
- We separate custody, investment management, and reporting responsibilities to provide further protection against fraud or theft.
- We help identify and negotiate lower investment fees for our client portfolios. We also structure the portfolio efficiently to minimize income taxes.
Awards and Recognition
- Our firm and its professionals have been recognized as a leader locally and nationally by publications including CNBC, Investment News, US Commerce Association, Indianapolis Business Journal, and Indianapolis Monthly Magazine.
Compare Column Capital to traditional financial advisors and see the benefits of working with an Independent, Comprehensive Wealth Management Firm.
Traditional Financial Advisors
|Overall wealth planning integrating Investments, Financial Planning and Taxes||Investment only focus|
|Certified Financial Planners and highly credentialed advisors (CPA, JD, CIMA, CFA)||Salespeople with limited education & knowledge|
|Fee only||Commissions, sales charges, hidden fees|
|Independent and objective advice||Conflicts of interest|
|Focused client base||Too many clients|
|Modern Portfolio Theory, disciplined approach||Hot tips, market timing, chasing returns|
|Separation of duties – separate custody, security selection and advice to prevent fraud or theft||Custody and advice by the same firm|
|Expert tax advice||No tax advice|
|Investment Policy Statement focused on achieving specific goals and objectives||No clear plan or approach|
|Regular meetings with follow up letters and action items||Reactive with little or no follow through|
|Consolidated performance reporting with outside accounts and 401(k) updated daily||Performance reporting on managed accounts only|
|No loads, low fund costs, tax efficient||Sales loads, high fund costs, taxes|
RIA Stands for You
Experience a different kind of relationship
If you’ve reached the point where you want personal, highly customized financial guidance based on your goals, it may be time for an independent Registered Investment Advisor (RIA)
What is a RIA?
A Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) is a professional advisory firm that offers personalized financial advice to clients, many of whom are affluent.
- Many independent RIAs work with complex portfolios requiring highly customized investment management, strategy, and consultation.
- Many independent RIAs are owned by the individual advisors who run them.
- Many independent RIAs provide advice and services for a fee based on a percentage of their client’s assets.
- RIA firms have a fiduciary duty to act in the best interest of their clients.
Benefits of working with a RIA
At Column Capital, we strive to provide you the highest quality financial advising experience we can by holding ourselves to a higher standard. One way we do this is by being a Registered Investment Advisory firm.
As “RIA Stands for You” confidently states, “Many independent RIAs work with complex portfolios requiring highly customized investment management, strategy, and consultation. They usually are owned by the individual advisors who run them, provide advice and services for a fee based on a percentage of their client’s assets, and have a fiduciary duty to act in the best interest of their clients.”
Column Capital feels that being a RIA firm is not simply about financial advice; A RIA firm provides you with the comfort that comes with knowing the important aspects of your life are being taken care of. Contact Us today to learn more.